- The BCGEU-UAW press release also announced the launch of public awareness campaign "Reform Boston College."
- Student workers argued that collective bargaining efforts must be respected by university administrations to ensure fair wages and adequate healthcare for graduate students.
- This story first appeared in The Gavel's Spring 2019 print magazine.
- The public hearing on student labor practices at local universities will take place on Jun. 27 from 5:30-8:00 p.m. at Boston City Hall.
Graduate Student Union Lead by State Senator Jamie Eldridge Deliver Petition, Denied Audience with Father ...The Graduate Employees Union, accompanied by State Senator Jamie Eldridge and other supporters, delivered a petition to the BC administration and were denied an audience with Father Leahy.
- The latest protest is just one of many in a long string of grievances the union has expressed towards the BC administration.
- Authentic Eagles